Want to be a BirthWell Partners Volunteer doula?
We would love to have you!
What you need to do:
1. Complete our DONA Birth Doula Training, including Introduction to Childbirth Education for Doulas and our Breastfeeding training (we hold two a year in Birmingham). If you are already certified or have completed a doula training, we would love to have you join us!
2. Complete a BirthWell Partners Volunteer Doula Orientation (we offer two each year in conjunction with the doula trainings we host)
3. Attend our Perinatal Health Advocate Training We offer two each year in conjunction with the Doula trainings we host
4. Attend our Breastfeeding Training (or get a waiver from Dalia: [email protected])
5. Have a clean background check (we will conduct the background check for you)
Volunteer Doula Orientation: Monday, October 8th @ 5:30 pm-6:30 location East Lake United Methodist Church
7753 1st Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35206
Contact Susan [email protected] to let us know you are coming.
The Orientation and Perinatal Health Advocate Trainings are FREE for volunteers. We appreciate a contribution of $30 to cover your background check. Bring your drivers license and proof of insurance with you. And be sure to let us know you are coming by emailing [email protected] at least a week before the Perinatal Health Advocate Training.