Want to be a BirthWell Partners Volunteer doula?
We would love to have you!
What you need to do:
1. Complete our DONA Birth Doula Training, including Introduction to Childbirth Education for Doulas and our Breastfeeding training (we hold two a year in Birmingham). If you are already certified or have completed a doula training, we would love to have you join us!
2. Complete a BirthWell Partners Volunteer Doula Orientation (we offer two each year in conjunction with the doula trainings we host)
3. Attend our Perinatal Health Advocate Training (Formerly the “Community Doula Training”. We offer two each year in conjunction with the Doula trainings we host)
4. Attend our Breastfeeding Training (or get a waiver from Dalia: [email protected])
5. Have a clean background check (we will conduct the background check for you)
Volunteer Doula Orientation: April 2017: Sunday April 30th 3:00 pm-5:00 at Buck Mulligan’s Pub (2011 Highland Ave. S. • Birmingham, AL 35205)
AND stay afterwards for a BirthWell Partners doula get-together
“drinks with doulas”.
Contact Susan [email protected] to let us know you are coming.
The Orientation and Perinatal Health Advocate Trainings are FREE for volunteers. We appreciate a contribution of $30 to cover your background check. Bring your drivers license and proof of insurance with you. And be sure to let us know you are coming by emailing [email protected] at least a week before the Perinatal Health Advocate Training.