Want to be a BirthWell Partners Volunteer doula?
We would love to have you!
What you need to do:
1. Complete our DONA approved Birth Doula Training, including Introduction to Childbirth Education for Doulas (we hold 2-3 a year in Birmingham). If you are already certified or have completed a doula training, contact us to see if you can join us!
2. Complete a BirthWell Partners Volunteer Doula Orientation (we offer 2-3o each year in conjunction with the doula trainings we host)
3. Attend our Perinatal Health Advocate Training We offer 2-3 each year in conjunction with the Doula trainings we host
4. Attend our Breastfeeding Training (or get a waiver from Dalia: [email protected])
5. Have a clean background check (we will conduct the background check for you)
Contact Dalia [email protected] for more information or to let us know you are coming.
The Orientation is FREE. We appreciate a contribution of $30 to cover your background check. Bring your drivers license and proof of insurance with you. And be sure to let us know you are coming at least a week before the Perinatal Health Advocate Training.